NEW – We custom ordered this special Martin D-41 at the 2016 winter NAMM show this past January. Martin Custom Shop master luthier Dan Brown, had some very special Guatemalan quilted flame rosewood that had never been offered before and is beyond rare! We were able to choose the finest of the lot of what Martin is calling ‘Wild Grain’ Rosewood and had a special Martin D-41 custom ordered (photos below of us picking the wood at NAMM).
This guitar not only looks stunning, but sounds and plays like no other new Martin that we’ve had in years! Dan Brown who is Martin’s top master luthier built this special guitar for us with a Swiss Spruce top, Guatemalan ‘Wild Grain’ rosewood back and sides, Adirondack Golden Era scalloped bracing, rear shift 1C “D” placement, D-41 ivoroid binding, D-41 Marquis rosette, block golden era logo on a matching figuered Guatemalan rosewood veneer headstock, showflake style fingerboard inlays onto an ebony fingerboard, clear gloss lacquer finish, a standard compensated bridge 30′s belly, and a set of gold Grover vintage style open back tuners.
Comes with a deluxe hardshell Martin case and Lifetime Martin Warranty.
IN STOCK AND READY TO SHIP!
Includes free shipping and free expert guitar setup!
- Neck Wood Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape Modified low oval
- Fingerboard Material Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay Mother-of-pearl style 41
- Number of Frets 20
- Scale Length 25.4″
- Binding Ivoroid
- Top Wood: Swiss Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood Solid Guatemalan Quilted Rosewood
- Body Bracing X-Braced, scalloped bracing
- Body Shape Dreadnought
- Body Style Standard
- Color Natural
- Finish Polished Gloss
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Nut/Saddle: Material Bone/Compensated White Tusq
- Nut Width: 1.75″
- String Type: Steel
- Number of Strings: 6
- Tuning Machines: Grover vintage open back gold
- Electronics: none
- Strings: SP Lifespan 92/8 Phosphor Bronze light
- Case Included: deluxe hardshell case
- Manufacturer Part Number: 10CMFGL0158