Hofner 500/1 Vintage ’62 Reissue Beatle Bass
NEW – Hofner 500/1 Vintage ’62 Reissue Beatle Bass. Based on Paul McCartney’s 1962 Violin Bass, the ’62 bass has delighted Hofner aficionados by replicating details of the original. For example, the “strip” machine heads, the slot-head screws on the hardware, and the two-piece neck are authentic touches that connect this instrument to an earlier time. In the Vintage ’62 Höfner has created a replica of Paul’s bass historically accurate enough to satisfy even the most demanding Beatles fan.
Authentic replica of the ’62 model which Paul still plays live on stage today.
Original ’62 neck size for sustain and playability.
Incl. Höfner Vintage strap and case.
Vintage 62: Handmade in Germany
LIST PRICE $4099
Includes free shipping, free expert guitar setup and a FREE autographed copy of the critically acclaimed book Beatles Gear!
- Type/Shape: Violin Bass
- Top Selected German spruce
- Binding Black/Cream/Black
- Back and Sides Selected flamed maple
- Neck 2-piece maple neck
- Fretboard Rosewood
- Fretboard Inlays Mother-of-pearl dots
- Number/Size of Frets 22
- Scale in inch 30
- Scale in cm 76
- Width of Nut in mm 42
- Width of Nut in inch 1 5/8
- Tuners H61/74B (2 on a strip)
- Bridge Ebony,
- H72/20B Tailpiece Brass,
- H62/30 Pickguard Celluloid, floating;
- H65/36-P Pickup(s) 2 ‘Staple’ humbucking pickups;
- H511B Electronics 2 volume controls,
- 2 on/off switches,
- Rhythm/solo switch for volume boost;
- HA2-B Hardware Nickel-plated Finish Antique-brown sunburst Case H3059 (included)