NEW ONE OF A KIND! - We custom ordered this special Martin Custom Shop D-28 style acoustic, at the 2017 winter NAMM show this past January. Martin Custom Shop master luthier Dan Brown, had some very special Wild Grain East Indian Rosewood figured rosewood that is beyond rare! We were able to choose the finest of the lot of what Martin is calling ‘Wild Grain’ Rosewood, and had a special Martin D-28 with a slot headstock custom ordered (photos below of us picking the wood set #64 for this guitar at NAMM).
This guitar not only looks stunning with the beautiful slot headstock, but sounds and plays like no other new Martin that we’ve had in years! Dan Brown who is Martin’s top master luthier built this special guitar for us with a Adirondack Spruce top, East Indian ‘Wild Grain’ rosewood back and sides, Adirondack Golden Era scalloped forward shift bracing, grained ivoroid binding, style 28 bold Herringbone rosette, select abalone script Martin logo on a matching figured Guatemalan rosewood veneer headstock, Foden Style Select Abalone fingerboard inlays onto an ebony fingerboard, 1 ¾” with at the nut and 2 1/8” with at the 12th fret with a 25.34 scale length, clear gloss lacquer finish including the back of the neck, a 30′s style belly long saddle, and a set of gold Grover vintage style open back tuners. A thing of beauty that sounds and plays amazing!
Comes with a deluxe hardshell Martin case and Lifetime Martin Custom Shop Warranty.
IN STOCK AND READY TO SHIP!
Includes free shipping, and free expert guitar setup!
- SPECIAL INSTRUCTION: NAMM 2017 / SET #64 / See Danny Brown for Specific Back Profile
- CONSTRUCTION: Standard; Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- BODY SIZE: D-14 Fret
- TOP: Adirondack Spruce
- TOP GRADE: 3-4
- TOP BRACES: Adirondack / Scalloped 5/16" / Golden Era
- PATTERN: DOMLE #3A / (1'' From Soundhole) - Forward shifted
- TOP BINDING: Grained Ivoroid
- TOP INLAY: .073 B/W .049 B/W/B
- ROSETTE: Style 28 (Bold Herringbone)
- PICKGUARD: Faux Tortoise 3071, Self-Ad, Pattern 1B (D28 Style)
- BACK: Wild Grain East Indian Rosewood
- BACK PANELS: 2 Pc.
- PURFLING: Style 28 w/18 Strip on Each Side
- CENTER STRIP/LOC. STAMP: Sitka Standard (C.F. Martin & Co. Nazareth, PA Btwn 1st & 2nd Brace)
- BACK BRACES: Sitka Spruce
- BACK BINDING: Grained Ivoroid
- BACK INLAY: .049 B/W/B Boltaron
- SIDES: Wild Grain E.I.R. (SIDES ARE MATCHED FOR COLOR ONLY)
- SIDE STRIPS: East Indian Rosewood
- ENDPIECE: Grained Ivoroid
- ENDPIECE INLAY: .049 B/W/B Boltaron
- BLOCK: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- REAR: D Mahogany
- FRONT: D 14 Fret Adjustable Mahogany
- Line 1: C. F. Martin Logo
- Line 2: Custom Shop Logo
- NECK: Genuine Mahogany- 12/4
- NECK SHAPE: Performing Artist neck profile
- HEADSTOCK: Slotted / Square Slots / 6 String / Diamond
- BACK/HEAD STAMP: C.F. Martin and Co. Nazareth Pa. Stamp On Back Of Head (AUTHENTIC FEATURE)
- TRUSS ROD: 2-Way Adjustable 356mm
- HEELCAP: Grained Ivoroid
- NUT: Bone
- ON ANGLE/FLAT: Flat
- HEADPLATE: Wild Grain Indian Rosewood
- HEADPLATE PEARL: C.F. Martin Script Logo, Select Abalone (Small Size to Fit Slotted Head)
- ADDITIONAL HP INLAY: None
- TUNING MACHINES: Grover Gold H97-18GA Sta-Tite Side Mnt 18:1(Drill in MR) - "I" Drill
- FINGERBOARD: Black Ebony
- RADIUS: 16
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.340 (25.4 )
- WIDTH AT NUT: 1 3/4''
- WIDTH AT 12 FRET: 2 1/8 (2.125)
- FRET WIRE: G-300
- FRETS CLEAR: 14
- TOTAL FRETS: 20
- PEARL INLAY: Foden Style (Select Abalone)
- SIDE DOTS: White Boltaron
- SIDE DOT POSITION: One at 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th, Two at 12th, One at 15th & 17th Frets
- FINISH TYPE: Full Gloss
- FINISH BODY: Non-Catalyzed Gloss / No Stain / Rosewood Filler
- FINISH TOP: Non-Catalyzed Gloss/ Universal Aging Toner (TAPE ROSETTE & INLAYS)
- FINISH NECK: Non-Catalyzed Gloss / Universal Dark Mahogany Stain / Rosewood Filler
- BRIDGE: Black Ebony
- STYLE: 1930 Style Belly w/ Drop-In Long Saddle
- STRING SPACING: 2 3/16''
- SADDLE: 16'' Radius, Long, Drop in, Bone
- STRINGS: Strings,Martin,MSP7200,Guitar Prod
- BRIDGE PINS: White w/ Black Dots
- END PIN: White w/ Black Dot