NEW - This traditional Rickenbacker bass style with dot inlays and no binding was prized by Paul McCartney and Chris Squire when they got their first 4001S models in 1964. Players cherish its traditional look and rounded edges that many claim make it more comfortable than the 4003. The updated 4003S version comes with the improved dual trussrod system. Of course, the famous solid bass tones, ringing sustain and treble punch we’re known for make it a dream. It’s no wonder we’ve received a steady demand of requests to bring this back. This design was once exclusive to the British distributor Rose Morris in the six-ties. Iconic curves of maple form the body with a traditional Rosewood fingerboard. Dot inlays and no binding make this stand out from the standard 4003.
LIST PRICE $
IN STOCK AND READY TO SHIP!
Includes free shipping, free expert guitar setup and a FREE autographed copy of the critically acclaimed book Beatles Gear!
The manufacturer of this product has asked us not to publish our Sale Price, it’s too low to print! Add to cart to see our special Fab Gear Sale Price! Or call us at 585.425.0077
- No. Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 84.5 cm (33 1/4”)
- Neck Width at Nut: 42.9 mm (1 11/16”)
- Neck Width at 12th Fret: 54.0 mm (2 1/8”)
- Crown Radius: 25.4 cm (10”)
- Neck Type: Through body
- Fret Marker Style: Dot
- Fingerboard Wood: Rosewood
- Neck Wood: Maple
- Neck Binding: No
- Body Type: Solid
- Body Wood: Maple
- Body Style: Cresting wave
- Binding: None
- Weight: 4.1 kg (9.0 lbs.)
- Overall Length: 113.8 cm (44 13/16”)
- Overall Width : 34.3 cm (13 1/2”)
- Overall Depth: 31.8 mm (1 1/4”)
- Tailpiece: RIC
- Bridge: RIC
- Machine Heads: Schaller Deluxe
- No. of Pickups: 2
- Type of Pickups: Single Coil
- Output Type: Mono
- Case Type: Deluxe Rickenbacker Hardshell Case
- Also Included: Polishing cloth, Warranty Information, Collectible Rickenbacker sticker, Owners Manual, and a free signed copy of Beatles Gear.