NEW - This Relic Fender Custom Shop Time Machine Series 60's Bass VI was ordered with light Relic specs and with a very thin skin Fiesta Red finish with a matching Fiesta Red headstock. Originally created to be a studio instrument that could handle the Nashville “tic/tac” sound, the Fender Bass VI has built a loyal following among guitarists looking for a baritone guitar or a cool bass sound with a look and feel similar to the popular Jaguar. The Fender Bass VI was also used by the Beatles when John Lennon and George Harrison filled in on bass.
LIST PRICE $
Available in a lefty, call us at 585-425-0077 to place your order now!
Includes free shipping, free expert guitar setup!
- Fiesta Red Thin Skin Lacquer Finish
- Matching Fiesta Red Headstock
- Off-Center 2 Piece Light Weight Alder Body
- Custom Bass VI Style Quarter Sawn Neck
- Dark Indian Rosewood Neck
- Rolled Fretboard Edges
- Ivory Dot Inlays
- 60’s Bass VI Decal
- 7.25" Fretboard Radius
- Fret Wire: 21 Vintage 2.375 In R5
- Custom Shop Handwound Vintage Flat Magnet Pickups
- Bass VI Pickup Switching And Wiring
- Bass VI Tremolo Assemblies
- Vintage Relic 3-Ply Tortoiseshell Pickguard
- Vintage Relic Aged Knobs, Switch Tip and Tremolo Arm Tip
- Bone Nut
- Nickel Style Tuners
- Comes With Deluxe Fender Vintage Reissue Black Hardshell Case (Orange Interior)
- Includes: Strap, Cable, Custom Shop Picks, Polishing Cloth, and Custom Shop Certificate of Authenticity
- Serial Number # R62369
- Weight – 9.8 lbs
The following description is taken from the 1969 Fender catalogue
"Built with both the guitarist and bassist in mind, the Fender Bass VI is tuned one octave below the standard guitar. Numerous tone combinations are made possible with three adjustable full-range pickups. The circuit incorporates three on-off switches, one for each pickup, plus a tone modification switch enabling the player to select the pickups individually or in any combination. In addition, a tone control permits further modifications of any selected position. Chord structures and fingering are identical to the guitar, thus, both guitarist and bassists will find the instrument easy to play and adapt to their present orchestrations and instrumentation.
Among other outstanding features of this instrument are the ‘floating tremolo’ action …smooth and positive return to pitch and a ‘Trem-Lock’ permitting simultaneous string change. The Fender Mute and reinforced fast action neck with trim and inlaid position markers are additional features employed. Micro bridges are individually adjustable for perfect string length and a master bridge adjustable for height. Comfortable playing over long periods is achieved with the ‘off-set’ waist design. In addition to Shaded Sunburst, the Bass VI comes in selected custom finishes."