NO LONGER AVAILABLE - We are excited to introduce our new 2020 Rickenbacker Fab Gear Limited Edition Candy Apple Purple 4003 Model Bass. This is a Fab Gear exclusive, a limited edition run of only 30 numbered basses are being made for us. The stunning new Candy Apple Purple finish was inspired by the late 60’s Mopar muscle car color Plum Crazy Purple, a fabulous color Rickenbacker has never before issued, and is an exclusive for Andy Babiuk’s Fab Gear! We worked directly with our good friends at Rickenbacker, to design this super cool, limited-edition bass, and chose some ultra-cool specs like: checkerboard binding, vintage knobs, vintage nameplate, vintage toaster pickup in the neck, and more!
The bass also features the new Rickenbacker re-engineered V2 bridge/tailpiece for improved intonation and saddle adjustments and Rickenbacker’s new single coarse-thread two-way truss rod for easy up-bow and back-bow adjustment. The bass includes a deluxe Rickenbacker hardshell case and a numbered limited-edition certificate of authenticity. These won't last long, so order yours today!
The Rickenbacker 4003 Bass is famous for its ringing sustain, treble punch, and solid underlying bottom end. It's also famous for its distinctive, elegantly curved body shape, accentuated by a subtle strip of binding, deluxe triangular fretboard inlays, stereo output, neck-thru-body construction, double truss rods, and high output single-coil pickups with wide response range and brilliant clarity. The Vintage Tone Selector activates a capacitor in the treble pickup circuit to emphasize the high end. Pressed in, you get the familiar 4003 sound, pull it out to add bite and crispness.
All 30 of these basses have been sold, we've kept this post up for archival purposes.
- No. Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 84.5 cm (33 1/4”)
- Neck Width at Nut: 42.9 mm (1 11/16”)
- Neck Width at 12th Fret: 54.0 mm (2 1/8”)
- Crown Radius: 25.4 cm (10”)
- Neck Type: Through body
- Fret Marker Style: Triangle
- Fingerboard Wood: Rosewood
- Neck Wood: Maple
- Neck Binding: White
- Truss Rod: Single coarse-thread two-way truss rod
- Body Type: Solid
- Body Wood: Maple
- Body Style: Cresting wave
- Binding: Checkerboard
- Weight: 4.1 kg (9.0 lbs.)
- Overall Length: 113.8 cm (44 13/16”)
- Overall Width: 34.3 cm (13 1/2”)
- Overall Depth: 31.8 mm (1 1/4”)
- Tailpiece: New RIC V2 bridge/tailpiece
- Bridge: New RIC V2 bridge/tailpiece
- Machine Heads: Schaller Deluxe
- No. of Pickups: 2
- Type of Pickups: Single Coil
- Output Type: Stereo
- Case Type: Deluxe Rickenbacker Hardshell Case
- Also Included: Polishing cloth, Full Factory Warranty Information, Collectible Rickenbacker sticker, Owner’s Manual, and Limited Edition Numbered Certificate of Authenticity.