NO LONGER AVAILABLE - Vintage is reimagined in this Fab Gear exclusive, 30-piece limited-edition run! With a stunning new Candy Apple Green finish, this bass is something truly special! We sat down with Rickenbacker at this year's winter NAMM show to design this bass, we chose some ultra cool specs like: checkerboard binding, vintage knobs, vintage nameplate, vintage toaster pickup in the neck, and more! These won't last long, so order yours today!
The Rickenbacker 4003 Bass is famous for its ringing sustain, treble punch, and solid underlying bottom end. It's also famous for its distinctive, elegantly curved body shape, accentuated by a subtle strip of binding, deluxe triangular fretboard inlays, stereo output, neck-thru-body construction, double truss rods, and high output single-coil pickups with wide response range and brilliant clarity. The Vintage Tone Selector activates a capacitor in the treble pickup circuit to emphasize the high end. Pressed in, you get the familiar 4003 sound, pull it out to add bite and crispness.
All 30 of these basses have been sold, we've kept this post up for archival purposes.
- No. Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 84.5 cm (33 1/4”)
- Neck Width at Nut: 42.9 mm (1 11/16”)
- Neck Width at 12th Fret: 54.0 mm (2 1/8”)
- Crown Radius: 25.4 cm (10”)
- Neck Type: Through body
- Fret Marker Style: Triangle
- Fingerboard Wood: Rosewood
- Neck Wood: Maple
- Neck Binding: White
- Body Type: Solid
- Body Wood: Maple
- Body Style: Cresting wave
- Binding: Checkerboard
- Weight: 4.1 kg (9.0 lbs.)
- Overall Length: 113.8 cm (44 13/16”)
- Overall Width: 34.3 cm (13 1/2”)
- Overall Depth: 31.8 mm (1 1/4”)
- Tailpiece: RIC
- Bridge: RIC
- Machine Heads: Schaller Deluxe
- No. of Pickups: 2
- Type of Pickups: Single Coil
- Output Type: Stereo
- Case Type: Deluxe Rickenbacker Hardshell Case
- Also Included: Polishing cloth, Warranty Information, Collectible Rickenbacker sticker, Owners Manual.